Tuesday, May 5, 2009

WWW.HEROES ON CANVAS.COM

This is a really good thing here so please go check it.
I couldn't get any of the images off because its a Flash site and i'm not techy or computer savvy nuff to do so. Regardless, i ran across this during my monthly periodical binge. I can't begin to tell you what zine put me up on this. Its one of the best Flash websites i've seen since the Stylewars.com( by Mare 139) joint back when it was released on DVD, which won stupid Flash site awards back when.

ANYWAYS... this project couples some graphic designers from all over with dj's from all over. The dj gets immortalized in a graphic, which is then transferred via Giclee(too dumb to find accents on here too)Printing to 18x40inch canvas. They are done in limited quantities and at relatively reasonable costs. LARGER THAN THAT though is THE BIG PICTURE (R.I.P. Big L)- all of the funds, and I mean ALL (minus some costs for printing and artist's commission) goes to help kids infected with HIV/AIDS. There is a dance program that is dedicated to, which helps lift the spirits, at least, of these youngsters. SO, for more info definitely go check and if nothing else witness some people usint their gifts for good and not JUST profit for once. ANd if thats not enough, all my web design heads, get a little inspiration for your own Flash site.

No comments:

Post a Comment